Linguine with Clams
Linguine with Little Necks
Try this delicious pasta dish made with Little Neck clams, Saffron, Tarragon and Dill sauce!
2 tablespoons Butter (¼ stick)
¼ Cup Finely Chopped Shallots
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 cup Dry White Wine
½ tablespoon Fresh Tarragon, chopped
½ tablespoon Fresh Dill, chopped
¼ teaspoon (scant) Saffron Threads
¼ teaspoon white pepper
16 count Little Necks, scrubbed
4 tablespoons Whipping Cream
1. Cook linguine in salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add shallots and garlic sauté 2 minutes.
4. Add tarragon and saffron. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil.
5. Add little necks; Cover and cook until little necks open approx 3 minutes.
6. Use tongs to transfer little necks to bowl.
7. Stir cream into sauce in skillet.
8. Salt to taste.
9. Add pasta to skillet; toss.
10. Add little necks back in and serve.